I got sick of my flower bed, in front of the house, looking like this:
So I decided that it was time to change it up. It used to be one big flower bed. And the boxes with the sprinkler valves was right in the front middle, which made it impossible to plant anything there. When we had the sprinklers fixes a couple of years ago we had the guy MOVE the valves so they wouldn’t be in the flower bed at all. Not it was time to just reclaim the flower bed, and I decided that with his huge corner I wanted to make it tiered.
Here is my foundation for the second and third tiers.
Here, I’ve started filling them with dirt.
Here I’ve got all three tiers laid out and filled with dirt. You can still kind of see some of the foundation stones, but I’m hoping they won’t be that noticeable after planting flowers in there.